Travelling traffic to your online business directory is essential to building a thriving listing. No one will post if they do not know that your directories really exist. There are a number of easy ways to increase traffic to your online business index. Below are a number proven methods to help you bring traffic to your enterprise directory.
1 . Search Engine Indexing of Your Directory: It is essential you submit your online directories to all of the search engines to be indexed, even the lesser known search engines. As well, have your directories endorsed so that the major search engines will better index you URL.
2 . Create a Favicon: A Favicon is a small well known displayed in your browser next to the URL in the handle bar and also on bookmarks. It will distinguish your service from competitors on the bookmarks’ list. You can download a present Favicon or create your own.
3. Write Business Promo Articles: Write articles about business and online business websites and submit them to article directories. Make sure that you include your directory WEB ADDRESS. The articles should relate to online business marketing.
3 Build a Unique Directory: A unique directory will make your directories stand out from the competitors. General business directories will receive less small business listings than if you created specific directories that devoted to a particular niche. Do not create category dumps or yahoo and google will categorize your online business directory as duplicated content.
5. Spread the Word: There are many options available to spread the word on the net about your online business directory. Develop a relationship with other directory users so you can exchange promotional ideas and strategies. Exchange links with relevant directories, not your competitors. As well, post comments connected with business blogs and discussion boards. Make sure you use a forum trademark that includes your directory URL on forums and personal blogs where you participate. Answer questions and post questions on sites including yahoo answers.
5. Create Your Own Blog: If you have your individual Blog, you can post relevant comments related to your online lookup directories. As well, you place your directory URL and directory brief description on your Blog. Promote different categories and subcategories on your online business directory.
6. Social Book Marking: You can increase site visitors your online directories by making use of social book marking websites. A small widget with the site can also be placed on your site so that visitors can show your content with others. As well, become a social networker. Use your Twitter, Linked In, MySpace, Facebook, MySpace, and Friendster to promote your directories. The more friends and followers you may have, the more likely you are to get people to post on your business databases.
7. Make News: Use RSS (Rich Site Summary) technology. Offer RSS subscription to your directory’s visitors. Give newsletters to those who subscribe to your news feed. Often provide new content about your directory using this feed. Know more http://place-advisor.com
The true secret to increasing traffic to your online business directories is implementing approaches that will make your directory appealing as well as getting your name out in the online business community.